International Health Tourism Health Facility Authorisation Criteria
- The health facility must have received a minimum score of 85 points from the last health quality standards assessment conducted prior to the date of application / audit. (Health facilities that have not published health quality standards and quality indicators are exempt from this criterion. These health institutions must meet this criterion within six (6) months from the date of publication of the relevant standard set and guidelines).
- An international health tourism unit that fulfils the requirements of Article 6 of this Regulation must be established.
- The health facility must have an infrastructure where the international health tourist can obtain information about the professional background / backgrounds of the doctor / doctors to be treated from the health facility's website.
- The health facility must have a communication and information transfer system where the international health tourist can get extensive information about his/her disease and learn the treatment plan from the doctor(s) before coming to the health facility.
- There should be an infrastructure where the international health tourist can deposit his/her payments to the hospital's account as a deposit before reaching the health facility.
- The health facility automation system must have the necessary infrastructure to perform all transactions to be carried out within the scope of health services to be provided within the scope of international health tourism and tourist health through the foreign patient module.
- The health facility must undertake in writing that it will fulfil the following issues with the application. The fulfilment of these commitments will be taken into account in all audits to be carried out.
- It will inform about all activities offered within the framework of health services to be provided within the scope of international health tourism and tourist health, and the consent form prepared in the language of the international health tourist will be signed by the international health tourist and the doctor providing the health service.
- The clinical and laboratory findings of the patients, the diagnosis of the disease, the course of the disease, the examinations performed, information on the treatment and the outcome of the treatment, the epicrisis given to the patient by the health facility after the treatment, the things that the patient should do after discharge, will be prepared in the patient's own language and delivered to the patient against signature.