Gynecology is a branch involved in the female reproductive organs. Obstetrics deals with pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Together they form Obstetrics and Gynecology.
What are gynecologic diseases?
• Myoma Benign smooth muscle tumors originating from the muscle cells of the uterus are called myoma.
• Ovarian cysts general name for “fluid-filled sacs".
• Cervical disorders
• Polycystic ovary
• Pelvic inflammatory diseases
• Early pregnancy pathologies
• Ectopic pregnancy
• Molar pregnancy
• Urinary incontinence
• Uterine prolapse
• Female reproductive organ cancers
• Birth control methods
These disorders are within the scope of Gynecology.
What are obstetric problems?
• Premature rupture of membrane (preterm and term)
• Vaginal bleeding (early, late and postterm)
• Premature birth
• Deep venous thrombosis, thrombophlebitis and pulmonary emboli (postpartum)
• Fetal death
• Severe anemia
• Abdominal pain, Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR) identification and method
• High fever
• Birth complication:
• Fetal distress
• Emergencies induced by systemic diseases