Nephrology is involved in the study of kidney health and diseases. Nephrology examines the kidney and everything about its structure, functions and operation. Nephrology also examines the excretory system which covers the bladder and urinary tract.
What are the main diseases in nephrology?
- Kidney infection diseases such as nephrite, pyelonephritis
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney failure
- Urinary tract infections
- Hypertension (kidney induced)
Main symptoms of kidney diseases
- Main symptoms of kidney diseases include changes in micturition habits
- Changes in urine amount
- Changes in urine composition
- Symptoms caused by kidney dysfunction